Wilson Insight is a member of the Constellation Research Group. Amy Wilson is VP & Principal Analyst covering human capital management, people operation technologies, and social collaboration.
Strategic HR Research Plan for 2011
What is Constellation Research Group?
Constellation is a next-generation research firm, comprising member analysts who take a multi-disciplinary approach to enterprise research topics. Our main mission serves the needs of technology buyers and end-users who seek insight, guidance, and advice in dealing with IT.
The best analysts bridge the gap between theory and practice, and that’s what we seek to do. Our research agendas will look at cross-role, cross-functional, and cross-industry trends. Every analyst member of Constellation brings decades of practitioner experience, a strong network of other experts, and a passion to share and serve clients. We take the buyer’s perspective and make the tough calls that clients will expect of us as an independent research firms.
Our research agenda includes a number of emerging trends and technologies: enterprise applications, legacy system optimization, cloud computing, mobile computing, social networking, business analytics, game theory, and unified communications.
Who are the other Members?
We have assembled a really top-notch group of analysts to participate in Constellation.
- The driving force behind Constellation is R “Ray” Wang. Ray is a former VP and Principal Analyst at Forrester, and he has a long history with enterprise applications as well as other leading-edge technologies. He headed up the analyst relations program for PeopleSoft, and at Oracle, he served senior product management roles for both the ERP and CRM product lines. He was voted Analyst of the Year for both 2008 and 2009 by the prestigious Institute of Industry Analyst Relations (IIAR).
- Maribel Lopez brings deep industry knowledge in covering the communications industry. With over two decades of marketing as well as industry analyst experience, she has covered the massive shifts in the communication market. Maribel has worked in marketing at Motorola and Shiva corp and as an analyst for IDC. She also put in over 10 years at Forrester Research, most recently as Vice President of the tech industry strategies group, covering network and service strategies, enterprise communications, and consumer markets for voice, video, and data.
- Paul Papadimitriou is a big thinker on online media, its impact on how brands and individuals communicate, and the redefinition of social norms through new technologies. He has more than a decade of experience as a lobbyist and business consultant. Paul is the editor in chief for Mobile in Japan. He’s also helped organize conferences around the world, from Tokyo 2.0 & the worldwide Geeks on a Plane series of events to the Internet & Mobile Marketing Association of the Philippines Summit.
- Sameer Patel is another expert in collaboration technologies. He has more than a decade of experience managing initiatives for large organizations to drive lead generation, partner network optimization, sales and marketing effectiveness, customer acquisition, and employee productivity via communication and collaboration technologies. Sameer’s clients include Ingres, Sun Microsystems, KPMG, McKesson HBOC, WR WrigleyCo., The Sabre Group, Grupo Televisa (Mx), and Cardinal Health.
- Alan Silberberg is a leading analyst in Gov 2.0. He speaks on transformational change, crisis and brand communications, and government 2.0 and the crossover into business and technology. Alan has government and private sector experience, having served in the U.S. White House, at Paramount Pictures and numerous technology companies as an advisor, founder or investor. His clients have included the Vatican Global Licensing group, currently elected officials, and former elected officials as well as numerous technology startups. He is focused on the business side of Government 2.0 and how the technology platforms create commercial ventures and new markets. He is the founder of Gov20LA which is the first west coast un-conference for Gov 2.0 tech.
- Frank Scavo is the co-founder of Strativa, a management consulting firm providing business and IT advice to end-user organizations. He has over 20 years of experience in IT strategy, IT management metrics, enterprise applications, and business process improvement, serving end-users in a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, life sciences, consumer products, high-tech, distribution, retail distribution, and information services. He is especially skilled at aligning business and IT strategy, developing the business case for new systems, and facilitating the selection of enterprise systems, such as ERP, CRM, and supply chain management. He is also an expert in benchmarking IT spending and staffing levels for end-user IT organizations. Frank is a Certified Fellow in Production and Inventory Management (CFPIM) by APICS, the Association for Operations Management. He is also the President of Computer Economics, an IT research and metrics firm, founded in 1979.
Constellation Service Offerings
We work with our clients to tailor programs of access through open research, syndicated research, and one-on-one interactive engagement. Advisory services include:
Visit the Constellation Research Group website for more information, or simply contact me if you are interested in our services.
In addition, we have a great group on our Board of Advisors that provide mentorship, guidance, and general research advice:
- Naomi Bloom (@infullbloom)
- Paul Greenberg (@pgreenbe)
- Dennis Howlett (@dahowlett)
- Erin Kinkin
- Esteban Kolsky (@ekolsky)
- Brian Solis (@briansolis)